*Toy Kingdom Competition* Terms and Conditions
1. These are the terms and conditions for the Toy Kingdom competition – Toy Kingdom Competition (“the Competition”) which will be run by Toy Kingdom South Africa.
2. By entering the Competition, all participants warrant that they have been assisted by their parent or legal guardian who have provided consent for their participation in the Competition and therefore accept to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein.
3. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook (“FB”) or any other social media platform. Any correspondence regarding the Competition must be directed to Toy Kingdom and not via social media.
4. All information collected pursuant to the Competition is collected by Toy Kingdom and not via social media. By entering the Competition and submitting your information to Toy Kingdom, you warrant that you have been assisted by your parent or legal guardian who consents to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in connection with the Competition and your Competition entry. Toy Kingdom or any of its sponsors may use your details to contact you and to keep you updated.
5. Toy Kingdom or any of its sponsors shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to Toy Kingdom. Toy Kingdom or any of its sponsors in accordance with data protection legislation.
6. In order to be eligible to enter the competition, a participant:
a. Must reside in South Africa.
b. Entrants can be any age
e. Must accept terms and conditions before entry will be accepted.
7. All participants who meet the eligibility requirements set out above will automatically be entered into the Competition.
8. Toy Kingdom is a trading division of Toy Kingdom (Pty) Ltd. The following persons and entities are not eligible to participate in the competition:
a. directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Toy Kingdom, its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by holding company, and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners;
b. directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to the advertising and promotion agencies of Toy Kingdom and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners; and
c. employees, agents and sponsors of Toy Kingdom may not contribute towards any entry.
9. No responsibility is accepted by Toy Kingdom or any of its sponsors for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or which cannot be entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of entry is not proof of receipt.
10. Winners will be drawn by Toy Kingdom judges and announced by 16 October 2017. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
11. The prizes for the competition are as follows:
a. Finalist Prizes include:
12. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item. If, for any reason, Toy Kingdom cannot provide any of the prizes, Toy Kingdom will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
13. Unless the finalist/winner specifically states otherwise, the finalist/winner, who must duly assisted by their parent or legal guardian agrees to participate in all promotional activity under the supervision of their parent or legal guardian who consents to Toy Kingdom using the finalist’s/winner’s name, images and/or voice in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The finalist’s/winner’s parent or legal guardian will have the right to withdraw their consent for the use of the finalist’s/winner’s name, images and/or voice prior to the use thereof by Toy Kingdom in any promotional activity.
14. Each of the finalists/winners will be required to provide Toy Kingdom with proof of identification in the form of a copy of their birth certificate, South African ID or passport and must be accompanied and duly assisted by their parent or legal guardian who will be required to assist each finalist/winner with all necessary documents in connection with being able to take up any of the Prize/s in this competition. Parents are requested to provide proof of identification in the form of a copy of their South African ID or passport.
15. Notification and delivery of prizes:
a. The finalist’s contact details will be obtained from their entry in-store or social media entries.
b. Toy Kingdom reserves the right to disqualify a finalist if they do not respond to the telephone call or e-mail within 12 hours of being contacted indicating that they accept the prize. In such event, Claire’s will be entitled to select another finalist immediately thereafter.
16. If a finalist/winner cannot accept a prize for any reason, that finalist/winner will forfeit their prize and another finalist/winner will be selected.
17. The finalist’s and winners’ names will be published on the Toy Kingdom official FB page as well as on the Toy Kingdom official Instagram page by 31 October 2017.
18. A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the competition web page and at www.toykingdom.co.za for the duration of the Competition.
19. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
20. By participating in the Competition, YOU agree, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THAT NEITHER Toy Kingdom, FB, the SUPPLIER/Sponsor NOR any OF THEIR RESPECTIVE advertising agencies WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY losses, damages, COSTS OR claims in connection with the Competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
21. Toy Kingdom RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND THE COMPETITION FOR REASONS BEYOND ITS CONTROL. CLAIRE’S AND ITS SERVICES PROVIDERS, INCLUDING ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK PROVIDERS, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSION, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, LINE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER ERROR.
"By entering this competition I, as the parent and/or legal guardian of the minor, consent to the use and display of the photograph of the entrant by Toy Kingdom on the Toy Kingdom Facebook page, for purposes of advertising and promoting the competition name here Competition, for the duration of the competition. I acknowledge and agree that the photograph may be combined with other images, text, graphics, film, audio, audio- visual works, and may be cropped or altered by Toy Kingdom for the purposes and duration stated herein."