At Toy Kingdom great employment is regarded as vital to a productive and harmonious work environment. We strive to provide a working environment that is based around the concept of play. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff encourage children and parents to interact and play with our toys.
Bear Builder – Build-A-Bear Workshop inside Toy Kingdom Cape Gate Shopping Centre– Closing Date: 28 May 2018
Position: Bear Builder
Job Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Bear Builders are fun, genuine, and team oriented individuals who contribute to store sales and Guest satisfaction goals by providing individual and groups of guests a unique and memorable “WOW” experience. Providing this experience includes, but is not limited to, assisting with choosing, stuffing, dressing, naming, and purchasing their new furry friends, while maintaining store visual and housekeeping standards.
- Provide a personalized, enjoyable and memorable experience for guests of all ages
- Invite potential Guests to come in and learn about our store and promptly welcome and greet all Guests with a smile.
- Promptly welcome and greet all guests with a smile.
- Engage guests in conversation through open-ended questions and assess reason for visit. Utilize this information to help Guests find the perfect product and convert those “just looking” into a sale Inform Guests of all current promotions and point out our newest product.
- Explain the Build-A-Bear Workshop process and assist guests in choosing, stuffing, dressing, naming, and taking home (purchasing) a new furry friend.
- Contribute to total store results by recommending items to maximize sales and enhance the guest’s experience.
- Ensure guests are aware that we offer parties for all ages and all occasions.
- Support our company party commitments by delivering a great party experience.
- Knowledge of workshop sales goals, Guest satisfaction expectations, and promotional objectives.
- Maintain visual and housekeeping standards to create the brand experience unique to Build-A-Bear Workshop.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including cash management, attendance, and store security.
- All other tasks as may be assigned by store management.
Key Reporting Relationship: Chief Workshop Manager
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Matric certificate.
- Further studies in Retail Management, Management, Marketing or Merchandising a plus.
- 1-2 years’ contactable experience in a retail sales position.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Have consistently delivered results above industry norms.
If you feel you are customer centric, decisive, have proven ability to have delivered best practice results and are a “can do” person who is able to execute with speed, please send your CV and a covering letter for attention The Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org